Online Nutrition Debate
- Career Cluster: Human Services
- Program of Study: Dietetics and Nutrition
- Course name(s): Nutrition Across the Lifespan
- Main topic: nutrition, debate
Standard 13) Synthesize evidence from multiple sources to analyze topics in nutrition, including but not limited to:
- The use of genetically modified foods
- Artificial sweeteners versus natural sugar
- Organic and local food movements
- Benefits and risk of different forms of dieting
- Use of probiotics
Evaluate the validity and credibility of source materials and deduce the principle arguments for each, carefully weighing the author’s evidence against potential biases.
*Each group will be given a different debate topic from the standard.