The Big Idea
The civilizations of both ancient Greece and ancient Rome were rich and complex. Their cultural and political traditions continue to influence Western society today.
- LESSON 1: The Ancient Greek City-States – What different forms of government were adopted by various city-states?
- LESSON 2: Athens – In what ways was Athenian democracy limited?
- LESSON 3: Sparta – Why were Spartan children, especially boys, treated so harshly?
- LESSON 4: The Olympic Games – What were the Olympic Games?
- LESSON 5: The Persian Wars – Why do you think the Spartans and the Athenians joined together to fight the Persians in the later battles of the Persian Wars?