The focus of this week’s instruction is to strengthen writing skills by:
- Writing a myth from the perspective of Athena.
- Writing a paragraph that explains how an event in the story contributes to the overall plot of the story.
- Writing an opinion that explains which character in “Arachne” they would support.
- Writing a Greek myth with similar characteristics as “Arachne.” Students will work individually and
- collaboratively to identify the characteristics of a myth and write using them.
- Writing a descriptive paragraph about one of the main characters of the text.
- LESSON 1: Students will analyze the words and actions of a character in the text in order to determine the character’s point of view.
- LESSON 2: Students will analyze how the author develops the plot of the story “Arachne” and how each part contributes to the resolution of the story.
- LESSON 3: Students will understand how the author uses the conflict to build the story of Arachne.
- LESSON 4: Students will gain an understanding of how the reader of a text infers how a character feels by using text clues.
- LESSON 5: Write a story that contain the defining characteristics of a myth.
Student Print Materials
Student activities and print materials (if applicable) are included in the daily lesson plans.