Rising Grade 6
Week 3: Weekly Overview
The focus of this week’s instruction is to strengthen writing skills by:
- Writing a narrative from Blackfoot, the dog’s point of view, to demonstrate their comprehension of this section of text, as well as the change in relationship as the reoccurring challenge of hunger confronts them both.
- Writing about two characters in the fable.
- Writing a summary paragraph about new learning.
- Creating a visual image and write to describe the image they created.
- Writing about what happens to a food chain when one animal is decreased significantly.
- Students will read a section of “Why the Dog Hates the Cat” to analyze the interactions and change in relationship between Tabby and Blackfoot as they approach a challenge.
- Students will write an explanatory essay to demonstrate their understanding that people respond differently in difficult situations.
- Students will gain an understanding of different types of ecosystems and their characteristics.
- Students will gain an understanding of how animals are linked together in a food chain.
- Students will gain an understanding of food chains and food webs.
Student Print Materials
Student activities and print materials (if applicable) are included in the daily lesson plans.