The focus of this week’s instruction is to strengthen writing skills by:
- Describing the different ways tectonic plates move in an explanatory paragraph.
- Creating a pamphlet about Earthquakes to answer common questions and provide general information.
- Explaining how volcanos are formed by summarizing text evidence.
- Explaining how changes in rocks over time occur in the rock cycle.
- Writing a descriptive paragraph about a rock or other item in the rock cycle.
- LESSON 1: By the end of this lesson, students will be able to identify evidence of Earth’s layers and tectonic plates interacting to change the surface of the Earth.
- LESSON 2: By the end of this lesson, students will be able to explain what causes earthquakes and how scientists measure earthquakes.
- LESSON 3: Explain what occurs above and below Earth’s surface to form volcanoes.
- LESSON 4: Students will describe what rocks are, explain the formation and characteristics of the three types of rocks, and explain the features and importance of the rock cycle.
- LESSON 5: Students will describe how mountains are formed and identify different types of mountains.
Student Print Materials
Student activities and print materials (if applicable) are included in the daily lesson plans.