Week 3: Weekly Overview
The focus of this week’s instruction is to strengthen writing skills by:
- Writing a summary using key details from the text The Tale of Peter Rabbit
- Writing a paragraph to describe the character of Peter in the text.
- Explaining how the illustrations in The Tale of Peter Rabbit help provide mood in the story.
- Developing an opinion, introduce a text, and find supporting text evidence in an opinion essay.
- Drafting an opinion essay using information on a graphic organizer.
- Students will gain an understanding of determining main events by using the Somebody Wanted But So strategy.
- Students describe a character using evidence from the text that shows how a character thinks or acts.
- Using illustrations to show what is happening and create mood in the text.
- Students will use The Tale of Peter Rabbit to develop an opinion, learn how to write an introduction, and find supporting text evidence in an opinion essay with a focus on planning with a prewriting graphic organizer.
- Students will learn how to take ideas collected on a graphic organizer to construct a draft of an opinion essay about The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
Student Print Materials
Student activities and print materials (if applicable) are included in the daily lesson plans.