The focus of this week’s instruction is to strengthen writing skills by:
- Writing a character description that includes text evidence.
- Writing a retelling of a part of the story from the perspective of Otter.
- Writing a paragraph that explain the events in the text that show a common theme.
- Writing a different version of a portion of the story if the season had been summer instead of winter.
- Writing from the perspective of Rat or Mole to thank Mr. Badger for his hospitality.
- Lesson 1 -Students will be able to determine character traits of main characters by analyzing what characters say and do in a story.
- Lesson 2 -Students will gain an understanding of perspective in the story “Wind in the Willows”.
- Lesson 3 -Students will gain an understanding of the common themes that run throughout the text “The Wind in the Willows”.
- Lesson 4 - Students will gain an understanding of how the setting contributes to events in the story.
- Lesson 5 - Students will be able to determine character perspective from dialogue found in the text.
Student Print Materials
Student activities and print materials (if applicable) are included in the daily lesson plans.