The focus of this week’s instruction is to strengthen writing skills by:
- Writing paragraphs describing characteristics of Earth and why it is a good place for life.
- Writing paragraphs contrasting Jupiter and Venus after listening to a text and examining a visual image.
- Writing a descriptive paragraph explaining the contents of the solar system.
- Writing a description of the characteristics of stars.
- Writing a narrative explaining how life would be on a planet with less gravitational pull.
- Students will gain an understanding of the concept of where we live in the universe and characteristics of Earth.
- Students will gain an understanding of what kinds of things we find in our universe.
- Students will develop an understanding of the planets and other contents of our universe.
- Students will understand that stars are a part of galaxies and have many interesting characteristics.
- Students will gain an understanding of the concept of gravity and how it keeps objects on the Earth and the planets in orbit.
Student Print Materials
Student activities and print materials (if applicable) are included in the daily lesson plans.