Session 3: Grief and Loss
This video begins with practicing a mindfulness skill from the previous video. Though grief and loss are typically connected to death and dying, we tend to experience grief when there is a major shift, transition, or change in our lives. This video shares the stages of grief and validates these feelings while recognizing this skill is something many are not taught.
- Grief and Loss – American Counseling Association
- That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief – Harvard Business Review
- Coronavirus Grief: Coping with the Loss of Routine During the Pandemic – Mayo Clinic
- Grief and Loss – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- It’s Okay that You’re Not OK by Megan Devine
- I Wasn’t Ready to Say Goodbye: Surviving, Coping and Healing After the Sudden Death of a Loved One by Brook Noel and Pamela Blair
- On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the 5 Stages of Loss by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- I’m Grieving as Fast as I Can by Linda Feinberg
- Please Be Patient, I’m Grieving by Gary Roe
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb
The content included herein is for reference purposes only and has not been vetted or endorsed by the TDOE.